Please note that the Websites are directed towards users who reside in the United States of America. It is not our intent to gather information from individuals residing outside the U.S.
Information You Provide - We and our service providers collect any information that you provide when you use the Websites, including when you:
- create an account on the Websites;
- enroll in programs and services offered through the Websites;
- sign up to receive our electronic newsletters or updates;
- apply for employment with Ipsen (in some cases a third-party host's policy may apply);
- use tools on the Websites (such as tools you can use to track your child's height and weight);
- participate in polls or surveys;
- request a grant;
- request that we send Website content to friends, family members, or others; or
- otherwise contact us with a question, comment, or request.
The information that you provide us may include, but is not limited to:
- your or your child's name and date of birth;
- contact information such as your physical address, email address, and phone number;
- your friends' and family members' names and email addresses;
- information required to process certain requests (such as your Social Security number on an IRS W-9 form submitted via the Websites with a grant request or request for charitable contribution);
- demographic information such as your or your child's age, ethnicity, gender, height, and weight;
- username, password, and other registration information;
- your or your child's medical condition;
- employment history, education history, and any other information you submit in connection with a job application or in a resume that you post to the Websites; and
- any other information you provide us when you contact us.
Information Automatically Collected From You - We, our service providers, and third party online ad companies may automatically collect certain technical information from your computer over time and across different websites when you use the Websites, such as your Internet Protocol ("IP") address, your browser type, your operating system, the domain name of your Internet Service Provider, the pages you view on the Websites, the pages you view immediately before and after you access the Websites, and any searches you make on the Websites.
We may combine both the information you provide us and automatically collected information with other information collected from external third party sources.
We may use the information we collect for a number of purposes, including, but not limited to:
- providing you with services or information (e.g., newsletters) you request or may find useful, including notices regarding relevant medical conditions and treatment;
- delivering marketing communications, special offers, or advertisements that may be of interest to you, including the delivery of Targeted Advertisements that are based on your previous online activity on the Websites and other third-party websites (for example, if you view a page on the Websites about a particular Ipsen product, you may receive an online advertisement for that product or a related product on a different page on the Websites or on other websites on the Internet you visit);
- developing or improving products and services;
- helping our third-party partners and vendors better understand the demographics and preferences of our users;
- providing you with information about the Websites or required notices;
- allowing us to improve the Websites and the services we provide, such as by better tailoring our content to our users' needs and preferences;
- communicating with you about and processing your application for employment with Ipsen;
- sending your friends or family members a one-time email inviting them to visit the Websites;
- generating and analyzing statistics about your use of the Websites; and
Sharing and Disclosure
We may disclose the information we collect from or about you or your use of the Websites:
- to service providers who we work closely with, or who work on our behalf, and have agreed to use the information solely in furtherance of our operations, including, but not limited to, service providers who help us manage our information activities (e.g., statistical analyses) and who help us deliver advertising to our users;
- to companies such as online network advertisers, who may automatically collect or receive information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use the Websites, in order to facilitate the delivery of marketing communications, including Targeted Advertisements regarding our or others' products and services on the Websites and on third-party websites;
- to marketing partners, such as for joint or co-brand promotions;
- to a parent, subsidiary, or affiliate entity within the Ipsen corporate family;
- as required by law, regulation, or other government authority, such as reporting safety information to the Food and Drug Administration; or to comply with a subpoena or other legal process;
- to a successor entity to the extent reasonably necessary to proceed with the negotiation or completion of a merger, consolidation, or other corporate reorganization in which Ipsen participates or to a purchaser of all or substantially all of Ipsen's assets.
In addition, we may share de-identified reports on user demographics, preferences, and traffic patterns, as well as other de-identified information, with an array of third parties.
Links to Third-Party Sites
We strive to maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to safeguard the information collected by the Websites. However, no information system can be 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. Moreover, we are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to the Websites over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks.
You may review and correct certain of the information that you have provided to us by contacting us using the contact information below or by accessing your account(s) on the Websites. You may also "opt-out" of receiving e-mails and other marketing communications from us by using the unsubscribe feature included in the e-mails we send and on certain of the Websites.
The Websites are not directed to, nor do we knowingly collect information from, children under the age of 13. If you become aware that your child or any child under your care has provided us with information without your consent, please contact us at the contact information listed below.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you reside in California and have provided your personally identifiable information to us, you may request information once per calendar year about our disclosures of certain categories of your personally identifiable information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us in writing at the following email address: IpsenUS_Privacy@ipsen.com.